but I just wanted to get an abbreviated version of our “journey” down.
- August 2008 -started trying to get pregnant
- October 28, 2008 -found out I was pregnant
- December 8, 2008 -pregnancy not viable
- December 10, 2008 -D&C
- January 2009-February 2010 -lots of peeing on sticks, cursing, and no ovulation
- Late February/Early March 2010 -ovulation!!!
- March 10, 2010 -went to doctor & got Clomid rx
- March 18, 2010 -positive pregnancy test (okay, 3 positive tests!), tears, & jumping around.
I’m still laughing over the unused Clomid rx on our blackboard. Figures I’d get pregnant the first month I ovulate & the month I decide to go in to talk about fertility drugs!
Even with the sporadic mild nausea, occasional throwing up, & heartburn, it still doesn’t quite seem real. I guess it will be a little more real once we have the first ultrasound. I’m actually excited about getting the blood work done at the end of the week even though I already know I’m pregnant.
Now, I’m still refusing to have “morning” sickness, but if I do & one person says what a good sign it is… I’m going to shove my foot so far up their… Okay, you get the picture!
I no longer believe in good & bad signs for any pregnancy. There are symptoms you may or may not have. They don’t foreshadow a positive or negative outcome of the pregnancy. Sometimes you’re just lucky to have an easy pregnancy & sometimes you’re not.
I’m very proud of myself that I haven’t told a bunch of people. So far the list includes family (my side only), Jeremy, Lena, & one of my vampire girls. I’m excited, but I just don’t feel the need to tell everyone. It’s kind of nice having this to ourselves for now. If I get sick (which won’t happen because I refuse to have “morning” sickness) I don’t know how long I’ll be able to hold off telling people. We’ll see. For now I’m just taking it one day at a time.
Now if I could just stay awake. I don’t think I’ve ever slept so much in my life.