The puppy had a very busy first day. To make it easier I’m just going to outline it in bullet points.
- Car ride from home to airport
- Saying goodbye to puppy lady & her husband
- Being placed in a crate for the flight
- Plane ride from Nebraska to Denver
- Plane ride from Denver to Houston
- The airline telling me she might not be on the flight as she was not checked in in Denver (Okay, that’s part of my big day, but still)
- Car ride from the airport to her new home with two complete strangers
- Getting two baths because she was so stinky (She is getting another one today)
- Going to another new house to meet her new friends Ashlea & JH
- Meeting her new big sisters, Baby & Maggie
- Coming back to her new house and playing with the girls and her toys
- Going back to Ashlea’s house for a party
- Meeting a bunch of new people and playing with two little girls
- Going to PetSmart right before they closed to get a collar and leash
- Trying to go to sleep in the PetSmart kitty bed display
- Going to Little Bigs because mom was craving ‘shroom & cheese sliders and fries
- Falling asleep mid-stretch in the car on the way home
- Going home again and playing with the girls
- Passing out for several hours
I think I’ll end there since everything else (pooping in her cage, crying until I decided she might be hungry and eating a huge meal, keeping me up for 3 hours, two middle of the night potty trips*, finally falling asleep when I let her lay down in my bed**) was after midnight.
In all she had a huge day and took it quite well. She’s really funny and playful and she seems to be pretty smart too. Baby was playing with her this morning. She really seems to like her a lot. Maggie thinks she is her mom and doesn’t like it when Baby plays with her. It doesn’t look like we will have any problems with Baby and the puppy (kow) but we might have problems between Baby & Maggie over the puppy. Hopefully Maggie will chill and everyone will get along. (I’m crossing everything from my fingers to my eyes and my toes right now.)
I’ll post videos once I get them off the recorder.
*She actually went potty both times and this morning when we were coming inside she ran back out and pooped some more before coming inside
**She had to be under the covers and managed to steal my pillow this morning. Must be a wheaten thing
Beagles like to be under blankets. I used to “lose” Peppie when she was a puppy because she’d be curled up under a random blanket. But she didn’t care at all about pillows.
That puppy is so cute. It has me half sad we didn’t go the puppy route, but then again, puppies are so much work! I bet you are all exhausted.
She is *very* cute. If you need a puppysitter, Dan and I want first dibs. Jeremy can’t love her like we can. We’ll cage fight him over this!
And thank your husband for those pictures I’m in. Yeah, I need to work on my posture.