Is this semester worse than others? Or is just because I’m so close to being done? I know I have to study, I know what needs to be done right away. I’m even ignoring other classes to finish up stuff from last semester. Maybe it will be better when I’m done with that crap.
I’m currently writing practice essays for my exam on Wednesday based on the review questions. I hope I know which ones are going to be on the exam. Topics I am focusing on:
- The geopolitics (foreign policy/war) of the English, French, & Russian revolutions
- The careers, strengths, weaknesses, & ideology of Cromwell, Robespierre, & Lenin
- The outcomes of each revolution -were they significant or not (continuity/discontinuity)
- I need to study the period of radicalization & Thermidor in each, but am having trouble figuring out how to phrase those ideas
- Another one I am having problems with is examining the role of the Levellers, the Sans-culottes, and the SRs.
I’m not sure why I am having such a problem with the last one. I just can’t figure out how to mesh an essay with those topics. The review says to look at their demands. No too hard, but I’m just crossing my fingers that there are better options. There will be two questions and I have 3 hours to answer them both.
The last time I took an exam for Dr. S, I was there for 2 hours & 53 minutes with a 5 minute break so my hand didn’t fall off. I need to remember to take extra blue books with me since there won’t be anyone to borrow from if I run out of space. I imagine I’ll only use 2, but I think I’ll take 4 just to be on the safe side.
There are other topics on the review -the role of the Kings, the role of the Enlightenment and the Intelligentsia, and (one I really should write an essay for) the decrease in the period of radicalization.
I know after reading this you are thinking one of the following things:
- Where can I get those last few minutes of my life back?
- Why the hell is she studying this crap?
- Stop complaining, you picked your courses
- Why haven’t you been studying this entire time?
- That’s easy, why is she such a whiner?
OK, back to my essay on the leaders. I’m still on Cromwell!
I was going to post a picture of myself standing next to Voltaire’s tomb at the Panthéon this summer, but blogger isn’t cooperating again. So click here instead.