I’m terrible at being pregnant

I really wanted to be one of those annoyingly perky pregnant women.

disgustingly happy pregnant woman

I said early on that this was going to be a picture perfect pregnancy. I wasn’t going to have morning sickness, I was going to be energetic, I was going to eat well, & drink 64 ounces of water daily. Blah, blah, blah.

My body just does not do pregnant well. I’m the pregnant woman who cannot keep much food down & is considering borrowing a bed from the dogs to put on the bathroom floor. I spend enough time sitting there that it sounds like a good solution. Me & my new MacBook chillin’ in the bathroom on a puppy bed. Yep. This is my life:

how I spend my days

Don’t get me started on the people who say “Morning sickness is a good sign! It means everything is going well with the pregnancy!” Um. No. It’s not a good or bad sign. I don’t believe in those anymore. I had morning sickness then hyperemesis with my first pregnancy & had a miscarriage. I realize they’re trying to be helpful, but there’s only so many times you can hear that before you scream.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that I’m finally pregnant. I’m lucky that it happened finally & I’m very happy. It will be worth it in the long-run. (My mantra) I’m just so ready for the second trimester to start. I found a shirt at Zazzle that’s just perfect for me. It says: Pregnancy makes me happily miserable

Thank you Zazzle shirt creator. That pretty much sums it up.

Advertisements

About SP

Recovering pharmacy technician, History BA, wife to a workaholic, mommy to one pup and two boys, epileptic, vegetarian. I've got a mouth like a sailor & find myself becoming more cynical & more liberal all the time.
This entry was posted in Adventures in pregnancy. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to I’m terrible at being pregnant

1. Kristan says:

Ugh, don’t get me started on that stuff. I have not thrown up once and I’m 22 weeks (sorry!)…telling me that I should have morning sickness to ensure a healthy pregnancy did NOT make me happy. Grrr. There’s nothing like telling a pregnant woman that she could have a miscarriage. Yeah, thanks, because I wasn’t terrified that was going to happen in the first place.

Sorry you’re feeling so miserable!

• Season says:

I’m so glad that you got to skip the morning sickness crap. That must be a sign that Baby T is going to be an easy baby… or does it mean he’ll be fussy? We need some know-it-alls over here please!

After everything I went through the first time around, I decided that there aren’t any good or bad signs with pregnancy. People are such busy bodies!

• Kristan says:

I’m hoping he won’t be fussy. Hopefully he’ll take his cues from us, and since we’re both pretty laid back individuals, he might be too? Or I’ll get lucky and get a demon child. LOL

• amy b says:

Sadly, I don’t think it means anything other than being extremely lucky. I had bad morning sickness with both pregnancies, though much worse the second time around. Baby 1 was colicky, fussy, and needed to be held 24 hours a day. Baby 2 is super independent and laid back and hardly even cries.

Well, one old wives’ tale is that babies who are born with full heads of hair have moms who had morning sickness the entire pregnancy. This has actually been true for me…

2. tara says:

What’s your doctor saying about you not being able to keep food down? I will drag you to a hospital for …ya know…the thing they do with your arm to rehydrate you… that which we don’t speak of. (shudder) Jenny (SIL) went to the ER three times to get rehydrated during her pregnancy and Stella turned out well. Hell, she likes bling – she turned out perfect! 🙂

• Season says:

As long as I can keep water down I’m fine. She says if I go 24 hours without keeping anything down I have to come in. As it stands, I can eat once a day in the evening & I can keep water (and orange juice?) down during the day as long as I just drink a little at a time.

I think I’m going to have to start taking the Zofran regularly, which I don’t want to do. 😦

3. amy b says:

So sorry you are going through it again! Fingers crossed that it ends soon. I’m a bit broody these days, but I have a trigger to pull me out of it. I sing a bit of “Grandma Got Run Over By Reindeer” (we watched the cartoon at least half a dozen times while I stayed at my parents with hg) and all wistful feelings flee.