My friend Frances is going to participate in NaBloPoMo (national blog posting month) and the topic for April is growing up. It got me thinking about the things that have made me grow up.
We all have events in our lives that change us. Sometimes it is something small, other things are major. Everything that we do or happenes to us impacts who we become. I’m going way back into childhood for this one.
This will be very brief, no or little elaboration. I really do need to go back to studying.
- Brock’s birth -I was very young when he was born (3 & 1/2) but I was so excited that I was going to be a big sister…then I wanted to send him back.
- Parent’s divorce -I grew up a lot from this. I learned that life doesn’t always go as you plan and you have to roll with the punches. I also learned what an amazing, incredible, and strong woman my mom is. Oh, and what an asshat my dad is. Oh, and not to forget what a whore his wife is!
- Deaths of my friend Amanda and my best friend’s brother
- Breaking up with “the” high school boyfriend. We were together for a year and 1/2 and it nearly killed me when he broke up with me, but I learned not to be such a door mat from him.
- Meeting Misha and falling in love with him -I was 17 and he was 20 when we started dating. We’ve grown up a lot together.
- Moving out of my mom’s house
- Adopting Isabell -this was an amazing thing for both of us. She made us more responsible and brought us closer together.
- Buying our house -We bought the house for Isabell!
- Getting married
- Going back to school -I know this might seem like regression, but it was a huge decision for me. I’ve actually focused and found something I love this time around.
- Exploring Sydney by myself -seems trivial, but I was nervous the first day and stayed by the hotel. Then I decided if I got lost I could always just take a cab back to the hotel and got over my fear.
- Getting pregnant
- The miscarriage
I’m sure there is more, but this is what I thought of after reading the post Frances had.